Saturday, July 28, 2012

ADC input test.


First run of the ADC10 with a simple light meter(Cds) with the results as expected. The light sensor was placed facing my computer monitor prior to my going to bed(just past 4am). So the graph shows the monitor running for a short period of time before going to a black screensaver, then eventually going to standby. This next transitions to the increase in light from the morning sun peaking through the window. The last part around the 50k mark is when I moved it closer to the window which pretty much pegged the level
Current setting of the sref is as follows( VR+ = VCC and VR- = VSS) though I may go with (VR+ = VREF+ and VR- = VSS) using 2.5v refgen to expand the range. I'm also down converting the data to 8bit values instead of using the 10bit values for testing purposes. I plan to have this as an option for the user to be able to select between. As I have a few updates that I'll be doing to the code, the current sources have not been updated yet.


This is a shot of the add-on board prior to being populated. The current setup that I'm using has a xbee and light sensor connected to ADC0. Pics to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment