Sunday, August 23, 2015

nrf24l01+ and SI24 fun

After having a set of NRF24L01+'s and SI24 based similar transceivers sitting around for a while, I figured I'd start working on something with them. If you tried to do any ebay shopping for the nrf24's you'll most like find the si24 are the ones you get at a super deal(10 for 10). So after working on a simple proof of concept with a completely different setup(arduino based as it has a fast turnaround), I started playing around with the SI24s for the MSP version of the project.

So if you are going to play around with these, it's good to get at least 3 so you can see how fun they are with the multi pipe setup. As mentioned I grabbed a 10 pack which is also a good starting point for having a full build project, and a test project.

The library I used is from Spirils and is located here. He keeps it up to date and it works great. For the tests and setup, I've been using the G2452 as I had 4 lying about from the launchpad kits that I had.
I suggest reading the doc for this lib as it's quite useful and can clear up most questions.

To be clear though I did run into some spots where I wasn't quite sure if I was doing something correct, but found enough info and when needing clarficiation, finding Spirilis on IRC@freenode.

Helpful hints
One of the first functions that you should use to troubeshoot is the msprf24_is_alive() function. Immediately you will know by the return value if your device is working or not.

If you are spamming your receiver, make sure you are handling all of the data that comes in before you put it to sleep.





No comments:

Post a Comment