Monday, October 22, 2012

Magic wand continued

Wand handle

This is where the electronics will be stuffed.  This just consists of(fairly obvious) a wine cork drilled out through the center and a pill bottle. I made sure to get the pipe through the cork and stuff the end into the pill bottle just to give it some extra stability. It feels pretty solid as it is, and all parts are pretty snug. I'll most likely use some silicone glue and some clay mache to give the wand a wooden texture, then paint it as such.

The current parts list is the following:
  • MSP430G2231
  • MCP1702 3.3v vreg
  • MMA7361 3 axis Accelerometer
  • Lipo battery 150mah
  • support parts: resistors, caps, switches and wire.
The tri-color LED will of course be at the tip and if possible, I'll set up the resistors in the plastic pipe.


This is the electronics setup. Im using the button on LP board to test the single button that'll be connected to the chip. The only thing I haven't tested with just yet is the vreg, though I've used them before, so it shouldn't be that much of an issue.  Wiring it all up is my only concern...


No comments:

Post a Comment